Ask Associated Dental & Orthodontics Glendale if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
Is my child a candidate for Interceptive Orthodontics?
While Interceptive Orthodontics isn’t necessary for every child, there are a few signs to look for while your child’s teeth and jaw develop:
- Early or delayed loss of baby teeth
- Poor oral habits such as thumb sucking, cheek biting, mouth breathing, nail-biting and tongue thrusting
- Teeth and jaw are not proportional to their face
- Underbite or overbite
- Difficulty biting and chewing
- Using a pacifier past the age of 2.5 years old
- Chronic allergy
- Complications with airway/breathing
What are the benefits of Interceptive Orthodontics?
- Identifies issues such as overbite, crowding, spacing, and TMJ, and treats them early
- Reduces and, in many cases, prevents the need for orthodontic treatment in the future
- Corrects dental issues and improves the overall quality of health
- Fast results with fewer dental office appointments
- Boosts your child’s self-esteem by giving him or her an aesthetically pleasing smile
- Often allows for teeth to align without needing uncomfortable metal wires and brackets
- 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of traditional braces
- Can aid children going through speech therapy
- Reduces the likelihood of your child getting injured in sports or other activities
Your dentist at Associated Dental & Orthodontics Glendale can determine if your child may benefit from Interceptive Orthodontics. Call us at 602-547-9566.